In his book “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People” (Simon & Schuster Fireside, 1989), Stephen Covey identifies the sixth habit as Creating Synergy. He defines this as creating several parts that work together to achieve results that as a whole are greater than the sum of the parts.
Synergy can be created both inside your business, and outside it. Fostering internal synergy may involve such activities as:
– Building a shared vision for your business and your team
– Encouraging an ‘ideas’ culture
– Use the ‘4 Ways to Grow Your Business’ in concert with one another, rather than individually.
To foster external synergy, you may like to try some of these approaches:
– Form a win-win Host Relationship – this is an alliance you form with a non-competing business that deals with the same type of ‘ideal’ customers. By working together, both businesses can leverage each other’s well qualified customers without having to make substantial investments to generate new leads
– Create a synergy of design and content on your website – both elements directly impact how long a users visit to your site will be, and whether they’ll be back anytime soon.